Showmasters run numerous events throughout the year, check out all the details here and book your tickets for their upcoming shows: Showmasters Events
Comic Cons are a must for Entertainment Views, we’d not attended a Showmasters event previously – however this show had so much to offer, we’ll be regulars from now on.
With an astronomical number of star guests signing their lives away for fans as well as posing for photographs with their eager followers, a wide variety of stalls offering memorabilia overload and some props that were out of this world – Collectormania was the place to be last weekend.
If you need any more reasons to go, here are some highlights which might twist your arm:
- Guest Stars – the sheer number of guest stars astounds me even now the show is over. From Richard Wilson from One Foot in the Grave (I don’t believe it!), to stars from Wrestling and Sports, there is somebody for everybody and too much choice, in fact. Where else would you get the opportunity to have your photograph taken with six ex-Liverpool football legends? Remember Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon? He was there answering questions on the main stage (a fascinating man to listen to) and meeting and greeting fans back out in the hall. There’s always more to a Comic Con than meeting celebrities, but this event really makes the most of as many fandoms as they can muster.
- Organisation – the crew and staff are plentiful, helpful and want everybody to have a good time. From queue control to directing fans to their desired area in the hall – these stewards are the best in the business and deserve all the praise they can take.
- Shopping! – Comic Cons are the perfect place to find the items you didn’t know you needed in your life – or that you may not have even known about before. I often keep my eyes peeled for gifts, dealer will often give a cheeky offer or two. I am delighted with my Masters of the Universe tshirt, it is one of the best finds I’ve ever happened upon whilst in shipping mode at a Comic Con. Make sure you’ve got plenty of pennies so you don’t have to walk away from must-haves!
- Props galore – If cars are your bag then there were a few to get up close and personal with. From the famous blue car belonging to the Weasleys in Harry Potter to a rather cool Batman car which I think we’d have brought home if nobody had been looking! Jurassic Park was also represented which was excellent timing with the next film in the franchise about to be released. Meanwhile, if you fancy yourself as 007, why not stand next to his wheels?
- Family Friendly Fun – Comic Cons are increasingly becoming popular with families, small and big kids alike can enjoy a convention and at Entertainment Views we’ve been asked for advice from many fellow parent pals about which is the best convention to start off with as their toddler would surely love this genre of event (and so would they!). Our little boy is in his element with cosplayers, in the image below he met a few furries who were game for a giggle. We’ll be recommending Collectormania as a perfect place to start, with friendly staff who go above and beyond and more famous faces than you can think of under one roof, it’s been a pleasure, Showmasters! See you soon….